Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Back & forth about Yemen & Iran


It's been three months since my last hair cut, so I go to my favorite hairdresser. I always go there since I've been living in Gothenburg. She is an Irani lady, the sweetest hairdresser one can get. She asks me random questions about my home country, Yemen while she starts playing with my hair. We chat back & forth; back about Yemen & Iran. I tell her how much I love Persian language & that I would like to speak Persian one day. She laughs. I tell her, 'I can say; Khobi & Merci' and that I love listening to the legendary Persian singer, Dariush. I tell her how much I love his name. I can tell she is glad for she has been smiling. Then she interrupts her smile & flips her face to a serious one & says these following words: isn't there a war in your country, Yemen? We carry on the talk and I explain some stuff about the war to her. Few minutes later, she finishes doing my hair. I pay & start to leave. She thanks me & follows me to the door. She surprises me & opens her arms wide and hugs me & says: I wish best of luck to Yemen, may peace prevail soon. She hugs me tight & I hug her tighter back. I say thanks & before I leave I say: you'd better make sure your country stays out of my country! Her face freezes and silence prevails for two seconds. Feels like the longest two seconds in the world. Then I give her some relief & say: I'm joking, joking. Laughter rules on; then, I walk out. I get my phone out of my jeans pocket. I plan to write down about this beautiful and funny incident but I go to Twitter & I read Russia & Turkey might start World War III. I get worried then I think, fuck it! I think, if the war will start tomorrow, at least let me tell this story & then, really, fuck it!